How much will it cost to clean the concrete floors in my home?
- While the following amounts are dependent on a number of factors, these cost estimates show a possible range.
- Basic cleaning: $.95 - $1.95 per square foot
- Stripping: $.75 - $1.00 per square foot
- Sealing: $.75 - $1.00 per square foot
Whether it’s accurate or not, people do judge a book by its cover.
As a homeowner, that means you have to be vigilant to make sure your home is representing you the way you want it to.
Part of that is taking care of the floors throughout your home, but today, we’ll focus on your concrete floors and what they require to have a long, attractive life.
Here’s what you need to know about how often you should have the concrete floors in your home cleaned, as well as how much you can expect to spend on the service.
Concrete floors ≠ No cleaning
Concrete floors and stamped concrete are all the rage right now in entries, kitchen floors and counters, as well as entries and walkways in residential homes and condominiums.
One of the reasons people love them is that they’re so hard-wearing and can take a ton of foot traffic and abuse.
They’re so easy to take care of that you don’t even have to clean them…
Hold up – REWIND!
That’s not entirely true. Actually, it’s not true at all.
The concrete floors in your home absolutely DO need maintenance cleaning.
Homeowners often think that, because concrete floors are so durable, they won’t need professional cleaning.
You’ll save lots of money, right?
I can tell you don’t believe us. So, take a look around the heaviest-traveled area in your home. Do the edges look lighter than the center? If so, this shows you the original color of the concrete when it was poured.
Those darker areas? That’s dirt and grime and all manner of yuck. 🤮
How about the counters? Stand back, take a look. (Go ahead, we’ll wait.)
Do they show scratches or etching? Is the coating still even?
Here’s the deal: Concrete floors (and countertops!) MUST be cleaned regularly.
How often do my home’s concrete floors need to be cleaned?
How often they get cleaned depends on the amount of foot traffic the floor endures.
Here are some examples of how frequently your home’s concrete floors need some care.
- Outdoor spaces such as patios and entries should be cleaned annually – typically in the Spring, after Ol’ Man Winter has left behind his mess.
- A busy household with dogs, kiddos – and don’t forget the cat 😾 – should be cleaned every 1-3 years.
- A household that does not have much traffic – let’s say a retired couple – can get away with cleaning their concrete floors once every 3-5 years.
Don’t risk expensive concrete restoration cleaning
The more often you have your home’s concrete floors cleaned by professionals, the more money you’ll save.
Wondering how that math checks out?
If you don’t take care of your floors, you’ll have to pay a company to do a complete restoration cleaning.
This process involves lots of scrubbing, hand brushing and scraping. It may also require stripping the coating of the floor and then a new coating has to be applied.
Shew! That’s a lot of cha-ching. 💸💰🤑
Now that the importance of cleaning your home’s concrete floors is all squared away, let’s get to your most burning question.
How much will it cost to clean my home’s concrete floors?
Several factors come into play when determining the exact cost of having your home’s concrete floors cleaned, but here’s a general idea of what you can expect.
These variables will affect the amount you’ll pay:
- How much grime/soil/dirt is on the floor.
- If your concrete is inside or outside.
- How old your concrete floor is and how much traffic it gets.
Cost for Basic Cleaning: $.95 - $1.95 per square foot*
There are several reasons the concrete floor in your home may need this service, including:
- The wrong coating was initially applied. (We see this frequently. The fault may lie with the installer or, sometimes, it’s the housekeeping service).
- The kind of coating that was originally applied. It may have been epoxy, wax or something else the housekeeper thought was appropriate for the floor.
Cost for Stripping: $.75 - $1.00 per square foot*
How much you’ll pay for sealing your home’s concrete floors is affected by:
- Whether you want them to look shiny or have a matte appearance.
- If the concrete floor is indoors or outdoors.
- How porous the concrete floor is.
Cost for sealing: $.75 - $1.00 per square foot*
*The minimum for residential concrete floor cleaning is $450
Your home’s concrete floors deserve the BEST
Check out this before and after of a stamped concrete floor that we cleaned for a delighted customer.
You can have the same AWESOME results in your home.
But that’s not all! Our rockin’ team will come out and give you a free demo. You get to be in the driver's seat!