what lives in your carpet
Pet urine and fecal matter, grease, kool-aid and the topper ketchup
All once lived in this carept, YUK!
We love to share the story of what started out to be a filthy, disgusting and not to mention "stinky" carpet that has been marked as one of HammondKnoll's best success stories yet.
To begin, this home was newly purchased by our customers and had been recently remodeled by the past homeowners. The home and location was perfect for their family and as a bonus needed no upgrades.
Fifteen months left in the military, they were excited to finally be settled in a great community, in the perfect home for their families future.
Two months after moving in, they received notice from the military that the husband needed to do his last twelve months before retirement in Germany.
Faced with the decision of leaving his family behind or renting the home and returning after retirement; they picked the option to rent.
Twelve months later when they returned home; they were sorely dissapointed to find that the house was a complete mess, both inside and out.
The flowerbeds were covered with weeds, the lawn hadn't been mowed for months. The walls had dents and scratches, the appliances were scratched, the fridge had mold, the bathroom sinks and showers were disgusting, and that was not the worst of it...
THE CARPET-just shy of two years old with many years of life left, it was a shame how badly mistreated it was by the tenants. Pet urine and feces, grease, food and kool-aid stains, there was a strong wet dog smell too boot.
When a neighbor raved about HammondKnoll, she called us and asked if we could save her carpet and her pocket book?
It's good to know Knoll, the stains were removed (even the ketchup), the odor was gone. They were absolutely thrilled!
Now, we are sure your carpet(s) aren't quite that extreme, however, here are the 5 reasons you should have your carpet cleaned:
1. Hygiene & Health-carpet acts as a filter that collect dust, dirt particles, and germs that can actually grow mold spores and allergens, and in some cases can be reservoirs of bacteria or viruses – so cleaning serves as an important health function.
2. Allergies-dust mites are insects that thrive on mattresses, furniture, rugs, carpets and other fabric. They feed on skin flakes shed by people and pets every day, thriving in warm, humid environments. Their presence is associated with reduced respiratory health, triggering asthma and other allergy related attacks.
3. Enhances the beauty-removing dirt, spots, spills and stains will brighten the fiber and give life back to the carpet
4. Extends the life of the carpet-dirt, sand, and grit act as sand paper to carpet fibers as you walk over the carpet the "sandpaper" causes wearing and discoloration of the fibers, dramatically reducing the years of potential use.
5. Clean=happy - a clean carpet, car, sheets and shoes are just a few things that make our hearts happy!
How often should your carpets be cleaned? Depending on how many family and pet members, color of carpet and location most manufacturers recommend 12-18 months between cleanings. As an example a lightly used living room would be every 18 months. A carpet in a family room that is well used may be as frequent as 8-12 months.
How much to clean my carpet?
It's good to know Knoll for:
- In-home and business carpet cleaning and repair
- Area and oriental rug cleaning and repair
- Upholstery and leather cleaning and restoration
- Tile, grout and natural stone cleaning and restoration
- Carpet binding, serging, fringing and custom rug fabrication
- Hardwood cleaning
Enjoy a sneak peak of a day in the life of a carpet cleaning technican at HammondKnoll